Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:02:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Wise <swise@journyx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        thomas@lkg.dec.com
Subject:   Support for Bay FA-310tx ethernet

Hello,

I'm running 2.2.1 FreeBSD and trying to configure a Bay Networks FA-310tx
ethernet adapter.  All the HW is ok (it runs fine under Win95 with Bay's
driver).  FreeBSD recognizes it as a Digital chipset (using the PCI de driver).
However it no worky.  It seems that the driver doesn't recognize this flavor of
the chipset/adapter.  It configures it as a 100Mb port, although the 310tx auto
senses the network for either 10 or 100 (in my case, it's hooked up to a
10Mb hub).  Trying to ping causes collision lights on the hub.

Sniffing around the code/docs, I tried ifconfig de0 -link2 to force it into
10Mb mode.  When I do this I get "transmit timeout" errors from the kernel.

So, any support for this adapter post-2.2.1?

Thanx in advance,

-----
Steve Wise - journyx Senior Consulting Programmer
www.journyx.com
(512)345-8282