Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2016 16:01:18 +0000
From:      tj <tj@enoti.me>
To:        Peter Garshtja <peter.garshtja@ambient-md.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: python: spidev

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 03:02:29PM -0500, Peter Garshtja wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>      Has anybody experience with python spidev library on RPI2 FreeBSD 11 ?
>
> I have a led matrix max7219 trying to connect it with gpio, and
> apparently python spidev library is only for linux, i just wonder if
> there any chances to run this library on freebsd ?
>
> here is the tutorial that i tried to follow in order to make this led
> matrix working on rpi2 under freebsd.
>
> https://github.com/rm-hull/max7219

There have been a few implementations of a userspace interface to spi,
spigen ended up winning and was committed by adrian.

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-head/2016-May/087329.html

The interface is different to the linux implementation, but it shouldn't
be too hard to write the bits to use it from python.

-
- [tj]