Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:25:55 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Peter Ulrich Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Customizing menus in 2.10Beta

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 06:34:29 +0100 (CET), Peter Ulrich Kruppa
<root@pukruppa.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
>
>> Now I would also like to create a new menu directory (called "Math")
>> for xmaxima. Could you give me a hint, how to do this?
> Found that one out myself:
> There exists a file called /usr/X11R6/etc/menus/applications.menu
> Where one can place an entry like this:

Looks good, then you create a Math.directory and put in
${X11BASE}/share/gnome/desktop-directories/ .. You can check in
/usr/ports/x11/gnome-menus/files/KDE.directory for example.

Gee, since GNOME 2.10 doesn't has any menu editor and it looks like it
might be more people that want to edit applications.menu or in one of
~/(don't know where it is).. It means I will have to tweak plist in
gnome-menus to respect any files in ${X11BASE}/etc/xdg/menus to avoid
remove your modified applications.menu and etc.. I suggest you to backup
them now and I will commit a bump version of gnome-menus to respect. After
that, you can put it back and gnome-menus port will not mess with your
again.

Cheers,
Mezz

>  	--------------------------------------------
>    <!-- Math -->
>    <Menu>
>      <Name>Math</Name>
>      <Directory>Math.directory</Directory>
>      <Include>
>        <And>
>          <Not>
>            <Or>
>              <Category>Qt</Category>
>              <Category>KDE</Category>
>            </Or>
>          </Not>
>          <Category>Math</Category>
>        </And>
>      </Include>
>    </Menu>

> Specs for all this can be found on
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/
>
> Regards,
>
> Uli.

> * Peter Ulrich Kruppa - Wuppertal - Germany *

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org