Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 1995 15:05:18 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@teal.csn.org>
To:        Jay Kirchhoff <jayk@rahul.net>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to my machine

Hello,

On Fri, 11 Aug 1995, Jay Kirchhoff wrote:

>I thing IBM has a drive like that.  It had two 2 gig 3.5 drives mounted
>in a full height frame. The ad said the two drive were addressed as one
>and the data was stripped across them.

No, the ad I (think) I saw was for a discrete drive.  Really not sure
why drive makers haven't done this years ago, there are already
multiple heads (1 per surface), and they are already
'spindle-synced'.  The cost would be duplication of head read/write
circuits and some additional combiner silicon.

						Steve Passe
						smp@teal.csn.org