Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:55:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@mail.hiwaay.net>
To:        dscheidt@enteract.com, jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Cc:        bright@wintelcom.net, cweimann@wallnet.com, dkelly@HiWAAY.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de
Subject:   Re: Why I Don't Do Linux

j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 10:33:40AM -0500, David Scheidt wrote:
> | If I got root, you don't have an sulog.  Funny how that works, eh?
>
> So you mean that with the wheel group, you always know who su'ed, while
> under the linux model, this is not true.  Do i understand correctly?

I think what he is saying is when you login directly as root that
you won't have an sulog or any other means of knowing who is using
the root account and password. This is true for any system.

The other way to interpret it is, "If I got root, I'll trash your
sulog."

A question to ask, "Can Linux deny root logins? (forcing use of su(1))"

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)