Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2012 15:59:18 -0700
From:      YongHyeon PYUN <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        sbruno@freebsd.org
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Call for bge(4) testers

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 05:09:34PM -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 09:44 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 14:27 -0700, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:
> > > All,
> > >
> > > There were lots of reports that stock bge(4) does not work on Dell
> > > Rx20/HP DL 360 G8.  With the help of Broadcom and BCM5719/BCM5720
> > > users I managed to address the issue but I had to touch very
> > > sensitive part of driver. Before committing the change to tree I'd
> > > like to know whether this change introduces regressions on old
> > > bge(4) controllers. If you're bge(4) user, please try latest WIP
> > > version at the following URL and let me know how it goes on your
> > > box. I'm especially interested in whether there is any ASF/IPMI
> > > regression on BCM570x/571x.
> > >
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/if_bge.c
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/if_bgereg.h
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge/brgphy.c
> > >

> We're starting to gather data and have a couple of machines (pciconf,
> ifconfig, dmesg) here that may provide some insights.  Everything seems
> to be working at a cursory level.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/new_bge/

Thanks for testing!
Sean, do you have a box with BCM5703/5704/5714/5715 controller?
If the answer is yes, would you give it spin on the box?
Due to the reset sequence changes I'd like to know whether there
are any regressions on these controllers.
The reset sequence change will also affect BCM5906/5906M
controller. I guess bge(4) didn't completely reset BCM5906 such
that it may have resulted in RX CPU handing under device resume.
The WIP version wouldn't completely solve resume issue but it
would make one step forward to right direction.