Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 1997 08:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        Rick Osteen <rosteen@1eagle1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nameserver Error

The nameserver you specified is not in your reverse lookup tables.  When
you try to run 'nslookup' it tries to lookup the name for the address that
you specified in /etc/resolv.conf  If that name does not have a resolvable
DNS entry, it will die with the error you described.  Usually, it happens
when your parent DNS doesn't have you as an entry in their DNS table.
Check your site to make sure you have all the correct entries and reverse
lookup entries, then check your parent DNS site and see if they entered
you correctly.

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@aries.bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Technician I  (509)-766-8873
Big Bend Community College  Internet Instructor
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://vinyl.quickweb.com/~chrisc/book.html
Disclaimer: Even Though it has My Name on it, Doesn't mean I said it.