Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:53:20 -0700
From:      Aaron Dalton <aaron@daltons.ca>
To:        Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with X11 Forwarding

Nikolas Britton wrote:

> If you have cygwin installed why use putty? Just fire up xterm and use
> ssh -X. You could try this too: http://xlivecd.indiana.edu/

Thank you for your reply!  I tried that as well, but I get the same
problems.  I set DISPLAY on my Cygwin to localhost:0.0 which does indeed
allow me to start XTerm.  I do an ssh -X (and I tried -Y as well) but
DISPLAY is still not set on the FreeBSD end.  I have now tried manually
setting DISPLAY to (localhost:0.0, localhost:10.0, ip:0.0, ip:10.0) on
the FreeBSD end and still nothing is working.  If I use ip:0.0 I get
some router traffic, but nothing actually happens and then it just stops
trying saying it could not open the display.  My XServer is indeed
running (XWin -ac -multiwindow) as I can connect via a local CoLinux
install just fine.

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@daltons.ca   |   http://superdupergames.org