Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 17:30:58 +0900
From:      itojun@itojun.org
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipsec code made in Japan

	I've made a IPv4 IPsec patch to 2.2.1-RELEASE, in:
		ftp://ftp.csl.sony.co.jp/pub/itojun/ipsec/
	(should be easily applied to 222-RELEASE too)
	Please read the following document with care BEFORE downloading it.
		ftp://ftp.csl.sony.co.jp/pub/itojun/ipsec/README

	Cryptographic code is implemented outside of US, so there would
	be no export control problem for most people. (except for
	countries where import of crypto code is illegal, or use of crypto
	code is illegal)

	It is still in infancy, and will be updated regularly.
	Please visit the above directory regulary, if you would like to
	do a beta-test.

	Currently, there's no dynamic key management daemon available.
	(I plan to port Pluto implementation)
	If you would like to find WAN testing partner, email me.
	There are several people running this kernel, so let us manuall
	setup keys manually.

	Question: How should I release this kind of code in the future?
	What is the best way for us all?  Apparently I can't try to merge
	it into FreeBSD source tree in ftp.freebsd.org.

Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh
itojun@itojun.org