Date:      04 Mar 98 09:02:00 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Bus redundancy...

At 04 Mar 98 02:09:53 Simon Shapiro (2:234/49.99) wrote to All  regarding Re:
SCSI Bus redundancy... in area "freebsd-hacker"

 SS> I wrote a white paper at Oracle some years ago, claiming that
 SS> databases over a certain size simply cannot be backed up.  I
 SS> became very UN-popular very quickly.  In you moderate setup, you
 SS> already see the proof of corectness.

A company I know has the production database in one location, and a backup
database in another. The backup-database operates in "incremental restore" mode
(for lack of a better word), and receives the redo-logs from the production
database over a dedicated network link. So the backup-database is only a few
minutes behind at most.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---