Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:27:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        pechter@shell.monmouth.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exabyte EXB-10e

In a previous message, Bill Pechter said:
> Anyone ever get one of these jukeboxes running with FreeBSD and
> chio and amanda?

I'm using it. And the software I'm using does an inventory. I have
it on Solaris running Amanda. But I'm not actually using amanda to
handle tapes.

> It has EXB10-E native (and EXB10-i emulation)... The thing's a lot stupider
> than the EXB jukebox I used to use.  This one doesn't even inventory
> itself after load... I've got to move each slot to itself with chio
> to have it figure what's loaded.

I got chs code from exabyte's web page.

> Bill

I don't know why I go looking for something only the
blind can see in the middle of the night."
                         -- Billy Joel "Middle of the Night"