Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:18:15 -0400 (AST)
From:      Sean Murphy <033197m@dragon.acadiau.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCMCIA Card Data

I've been told that there might be a piece of software within the standard
FreeBSD distribution that one could use to gain data about a PCMCIA card
(CIS index, offset for the MAC address, etc).  I've seen data detailing a
program called "pin" for commercial unix, i believe.. does anyone know how
I might go about finding this information, or a program that could obtain
it for me?  I'm getting quite frustrated, and I can't imagine that
everyone has this problem.  I'm trying to get my IBM EtherJet PC card
(reportedly supported in 3.0-release), however, there is no configuration
for it in the pccard.conf, so I need the CIS index and the ether offset to
set up a config section.. also, do I need to compile the interface (ed0,
ep0, whatever it is) into the kernel or something?  To my experience, this
was MUCH easier in Linux.. put the card in, recompile Cardmanager with the
driver source, rerun card manager, off you go..  please help

Sean Murphy (033197m@acadiau.ca)
-----
-History is rarely made by reasonable men.