Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 01:20:33 -0400
From:      Jason Garman <garman@earthling.net>
To:        wkt@cs.adfa.edu.au
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP connect data logger

On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 02:14:06PM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
> The sysctl net.inet.udp.log_in_vain option seems to be the one.
> Maybe it doesn't log the contents, just some of the headers.
> I haven't used it yet.

Last time I used this option (2.2.8-RELEASE), it only logged the packet
headers to syslog.  Something like this:

Connection attempt to UDP x.x.x.x:port from y.y.y.y:port

theres also a tunable net.inet.tcp.log_in_vain which does the same thing
for TCP packets.

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                             http://wedgie.org/