Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:36:38 -0500
From:      Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Annoyance, gripe, whatever

I did something here while buildworld'ing a current
tree that I thought shouldn't have done what it did.
(I think)

Anyway, because I wanted to start wine, I decided to
do a killall -STOP make, and read my Lotus Notes, then
killall -CONT make to resume.

It sort of ended my buildworld right on the sourcefile
it was compiling at the time, but didn't give any msgs,
etc. Before I did the killall -CONT the makes were all
still there as expected, but after they simply died and
built nothing further.

I would have thought I could have resumed the buildworld.
Maybe I'll just nice the shit out of it next time, but
is this the expected behavior?

-- Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2280 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2299 for the rich and the dead.
   642 days remaining in the Raw Deal.