Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:22:21 +0000 ()
From:      Bill Beavers <bbeavers@Moonraker.afsc.k12.ar.us>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cyclades pci won't compile

>    I'd do a diff -c and make sure that this is the only difference. If it is,
> then go ahead and rename it. Be sure to do another "config". You probably
> applied the patch twice, and the second time it said something like "patch
> already applied, assume -R?". If you answered yes, then the patch would have
> been reverted.

this is what diff -c shows... I think from what I am seeing, that I could
just rename the files.orig to files, cause most of the other stuff other
than de0 is not being used acutally by the system.

bash$ ls
defines         files.newconf   newvers.sh      param.c
files           files.orig      nfsswapkernel.c systags.sh
bash$ diff -c files files.orig
*** files       Tue Nov 11 15:20:43 1997
--- files.orig  Sun Nov  9 21:07:05 1997
***************
*** 284,289 ****
--- 284,290 ----
  pccard/pcic.c         optional pcic device-driver
  pci/aic7870.c         optional ahc device-driver
  pci/bt9xx.c           optional bt device-driver
+ pci/cy_pci.c          optional cy device-driver
  pci/if_de.c           optional de device-driver
  pci/if_fxp.c          optional fxp device-driver
  pci/if_pdq.c          optional fea device-driver

Most of these will be remmed out next time I compile the kernel anyway.

If you notice anything unusual here please let me know and I will not
take action.

//bb