Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 10:02:10 -0400
From:      sbabkin@dcn.att.com
To:        mike@smith.net.au, nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, archie@whistle.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ISA-PnP w\o BIOS support?

> ----------
> From: 	Nate Williams[SMTP:nate@mt.sri.com]
>
> > Ah, so "easier" means "easier for me".  I think you'll find that
> most
> > people consider an interactive configuration process a lot "easier"
> > than having to install and build the kernel sources.
>
> Actually no.  Most people are annoyed at the Linux 'interactive'
> process
> once they use the FreeBSD process.

I would say that having configuration files is more convenient if
you have experience with them, or to modify them by scripts.
The menus are more convenient for peoples new to the BSD environment.

Personally I hate the menu-based configuration in Linux. But I think
that the wrong thing about it is not the idea but the implementation.
It is just a very bad designed user interface with lots of short
menus nested to crazy levels.

-Serge