Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:58:41 +0100
From:      Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
To:        Ralph Huntington <rjh@mohawk.net>
Cc:        Rolf Edwards <redwards@meccamediagroup.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple Web/SSL behind firewall

Ralph Huntington wrote:

> > >You could have multiple IP aliases on your outside net. Alternatively,
> > >a single back end server that then does the
> > >round-robin/load-balanced/whatever forwarding. (http://www.backhand.org/)
> >
> > Reviewing the backhand site, it looks as though it isn't a great fit.

Hmmm... Not sure about the current situation with SSL, but I know that
Ben is interested in make apache-ssl work with mod_backhand so if you
wanted to go this way it would worth having a chat.

> You could still run a single back-end server that distributes the hits.
> You could use mod_rewrite for that. It could handle port 80 and 443 also,
> redirecting (rewriting) as you please based on the URL requested. This
> could be name based as well if you run bind for it all inside.   -=r=-

Indeed. Or mod_proxy.

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995