Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 2015 08:45:11 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Interest in support for Mediatek/Ralink SoCs?

yup, it works fine! Send em over.

-a

On 11 December 2015 at 08:40, Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now this is something I was hoping for :-)
>
> I=E2=80=99ll tidy things up next week and I=E2=80=99ll send the initial d=
irty patches over to you only (for now) if it=E2=80=99s ok with you?
> I=E2=80=99ve hacked on top of the rt305x support that=E2=80=99s in the tr=
ee for now, but in a mt762x directory and there are still a lot of leftover=
s from rt305x, but at least the thing boots and goes multiuser albeit on a =
single core right now :-)

> Please let me know if this works for you.
>
> Best wishes,
> Stanislav
>
>> On Dec 11, 2015, at 18:36, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> holy hell yes.
>>
>> Can you please put all of your patches up online? I acquired some
>> MT7621 hardware to do a port, and I see you've beaten me to it. I'd
>> like to get it up and working so I can work on the 11ac wifi support.
>>
>> (I don't mind how dirty or what you think the work is - it's going to
>> be great, and I'll tidy it up and get it into -HEAD.)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> -a
>>

>> On 11 December 2015 at 08:06, Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com> wro=
te:

to-date SoCs, such as MT7620, MT7628, MT7688 and, notably, MT7621 to FreeBS=
D?

all MIPS 24Kc based, so they should =E2=80=98just work=E2=80=99 as far as b=
ooting FreeBSD goes.
is a MIPS 1004Kc - dual core with dual hardware threads per core. It also i=
ntroduces new (to FreeBSD/mips) concepts such as the global interrupt contr=
oller (gic) for example and could be interesting from this perspective as w=
ell as it could pave the way for MIPS 1074K support as well.

art the rest of the cores and threads as well, but am still having difficul=
ties figuring out the proper cache and TLB management so it basically doesn=
=E2=80=99t support SMP at the moment.

tly using userland on a SATA drive, connected to an ASMedia 1061 on the PCI=
 bus, which seems to be quite stable as well, although the code is nowhere =
near ready to show to other people :-)

 be able to take on all by myself, due to lack of spare time.
s/rt305x and in sys/dev/rt for the ethernet/switch peripheral), but it need=
s work.
 or used with MT76xx, so this will be a major challenge it seems, especiall=
y given the lack of documentation=E2=80=A6 however, a piece of good news is=
 that OpenWRT supports most/all of these chipsets, so at least we would hav=
e a frame of reference=E2=80=A6

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I can put a single core kernel (uImage) somewhere (where?) so you guys =
can download it and see if it starts up on your boards=E2=80=A6
>>> It won=E2=80=99t do too much at the moment, unless you have a SATA disk=
 with root filesystem (UFS) attached on an ASMedia 1061 on PCIe. :-)

>>> Also, for the guys that mentioned they had MT7621 based boards: how muc=
h RAM do you guys have on your boards? I have 512MB on mine, but I=E2=80=99=
ve currently hard-coded the kernel to use 256MB.