Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:21:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Martin Cracauer wrote:

> Could someone post (or start to formulate :-) a definition of what
> these two lists are good for?

Well, it is true that the distinction between the two is not very
clear and if people think one would be better, we could try it
out.  On the other side, with respect to managing mirror sites,
www and hubs may have a fair amount of overlap.

The original purpose of www was the address to put at the bottom
of the web pages for comments and feedback.  Do we want this
stuff going directly to doc@freebsd.org?  Then, there is a fair
amount of web technical administrivia that is really only
tangentially related to general doc stuff and really of no
interest to casual observers not directly involved in www
administration.

Thoughts?

-john