Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:54:19 +1000 (EST)
From:      Maurice Castro <maurice@planet.serc.rmit.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/3215: Update to Gnat port

>Number:         3215
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Update to Gnat port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2 i386
>Environment:

	FreeBSD 2.2 without modification
	FreeBSD 2.1 with symbolic link between libc.so.3.0 -> libc.so.2.2

	New version of Gnat Ada compiler to replace 2.? version.
	This version can only be built on a 2.2 or above box. The
	package must be installed before attempting to compile as
	the Ada compiler is required to compile an Ada compiler
	This version can only be built on a 2.2 or above box. The
	package must be installed before attempting to compile as
	the Ada compiler is required to compile an Ada compiler.
	(Note: The compiler used to build this compiler was cross compiled
	from a Sun. The port in the current ports collection cannot be
	used)

	package: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/gnat-3.09.tgz
	port: ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/gnat.port.tar.gz

	please note that there is problem with deleting this port due
	to a symbolic link include in the tar file.

	I have been unable to contact the original ports maintainer.
	If he can be contacted and is prepared to maintain the port
	I am happy to handover to him. Otherwise, I will attempt
	to maintain it.