Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:22:33 +0200
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.4.1 pre-patchset 3

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 03:13:36AM +1030, Greg Lewis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just made pre-patchset 3 available on the web site.  This includes
> many improvements made by Alexey Zelkin since patchset 2.  He would like

To those who interested in details:

Most notable improvements are cleanups and bugfixes in hotspot
area -- currently we're able to safely build hotspot with '-03' at both
-STABLE and pre-gcc 3.2.2 -CURRENT (unfortunatelly no success with update
to more recent -CURRENT yet).  We also now processing stack overflows, so
people will not see unexpected signals from this area anymore.  Native
bootstrap builds are now safe and working.

I also would note that runtime TCK tests related to "vm" and "lang" areas
are passing cleanly now.  There're still some problems in "api" TCK tests,
(mostly in networking area) but they'll be catched out soon (I hope :).

And last, now I am running clean pass of TCK compiler tests -- looks like
this area is clean enough.

And very last, even passing of all TCK tests will not give us bugfree JDK
because TCK tests are not covering all possible cases and problems (I already
found few).  That's why response from testers are so important for us!