Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:30:19 GMT
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sparc64/72962: [sysinstall] Sysinstall panics on sparc64 if /dev/cd0 present

The following reply was made to PR sparc64/72962; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To: Pyun YongHyeon <yongari@kt-is.co.kr>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:23:22 +0100

 Pyun, the underlying cause of this problem is that SCSI CDROMs are
 enlisted in kern.disks, which is because cd(4) uses disk(9) since
 rev. 1.28 of scsi_cd.c, i.e. also pre-GEOM. Disk(9) is an API for
 disk-like storage devices, i.e. not necessarily limited to hard-
 disks. Therefore I think sysinstall(8) is actually the right place
 to deal with this, rather than geom(4) or libdisk(3), and your
 change in src/usr.sbin/sysinstall/devices.c rev. 1.159 is a fix
 rather than just a work-around. Maybe the comment could be
 improved somewhat but otherwise I think this PR can be closed.

 Marius