Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:02:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libXaw.so broken(?) on 4.3RC2

Yoriaki FUJIMORI writes:
 > Folks,
 > I have been testing some of end-user binaries on 4.3RC2.
 > When I tried running scilab-2.6 binary for osf1, I noticed that
 > /sbin/loader reports
 > Fatal Error: cannot map libXaw.so
 >
 > The same binary runs perfectly on 4.2R and 4.3-beta.
 > FreeBSD/Alpha boxes in my lab have got the same setting as clusters,
 > except ip-addresses and identity names.
 > I tried to reinstall 4.3RC2 on that alpha box, but got the same result.
 > I did `make world' and rebuilt whole XFree86 system, but it still would not
 > solve the problem.

No, it won't solve the problem.  The complaint from "/sbin/loader"
means that an OSF/1 binary failed to find an OSF/1 shared library.
Building world will not help.  Nor will re-installing osf1_base help,
as this library is not included in it.

You must have manually installed the libXaw.so library on your
machines where scilab works.  I'd suggest copying the library to
the same location on the failing machine.

Drew