Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:31:16 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Bokyung Wang" <wangbok@cs.pdx.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Support D-Link DWL-650+ Cardbus on FreeBSD 4.x ?

> From: "Bokyung Wang" <wangbok@cs.pdx.edu>
> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:17:46 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG

> ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C2370A.B671B0E0
>
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know that FreeBSD 4.x (any version of 4.x) supports the NEW =
> CARDBUS=20
> " D-Link (AirPlus)  DWL-650+  Cardbus" ?
>
> If so, I'd like to know which version of FreeBSD and how to configure =
> it.
> I know that FreeBSD 4.6 supports D-Link DWL-650, but not "DWL-650+ =
> Cardbus".

Please don't send HTML mail to this list!

CardBus (32-bit) PCcards are not supported by FreeBSD 4. They will be
supported in FreeBSD V5 which is currently scheduled for release in
November. Until then your only hope is to run CURRENT or the latest V5
developer's snapshot. (The developer's snapshot probably is more
stable, but there are newer features in CURRENT.)

With either you will need to build and run the NEWCARD kernel. (See
the V5 documentation.)

Good luck!

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)