Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:50:46 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
To:        David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thread stuck in aioprn

Hello!

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, David Xu wrote:
>> FYI, this has recurred, so it seems to be an easy problem to trigger.
>>
>> Kris
>
> can you try attached patch ? it disables support for non-disk files,
> I suspect the test passed non-disk file handle to aio, and caused
> the problem.

   I think it must be done as a workaround _only_. What's the point of having
asynchronous I/O capability for relatively fast HDDs while missing this
support for other (slow) I/O such as ttys or pipes? This situation renders the
whole presence of aio almost useless.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator