Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 1995 12:53:41 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 52gig RAID, causes panic

Peter Dufault stands accused of saying:
> I just used multiple LUNS while testing a scanner and it worked OK.
>
> There were reports of failures with multiple LUNS with a CD changer,
> though it may not be LUN related.

If this was the 6-disk Pioneer unit, I suspect that it is indeed the
changer.  The Pioneer's are a four-letter word in the local Novell
community, apparently because they lock up the SCSI bus if you confuse them.

(Note that the Sony CDU55S will wedge the SCSI bus if you try to talk to
it when the tray won't close properly...

> Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[