Date:      Sat, 1 Oct 2011 08:53:36 -0400
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Printing using CUPS

On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 14:19:15 +0200
Matthias Apitz articulated:

> El día Saturday, October 01, 2011 a las 08:08:59AM -0400, Carmel
> escribió:
>
> > This is the beginning of the *.ppd file:
> >
> > *%================================================
> > *%      Copyright(C) 2010 Brother Industries, Ltd.
> > *%      "Brother MFC-9560CDW CUPS"
> > *%================================================
> >
> > *%==== General Information Keywords ========================
> > *FormatVersion: "4.3"
> > *FileVersion: "1.1.3"
> > *LanguageVersion: English
> > *LanguageEncoding: ISOLatin1
> > *PCFileName: "MFC9560W.PPD"
> > *Manufacturer: "Brother"
> > *Product: "(MFC-9560CDW)"
> > *1284DeviceID: "MFG:Brother;MDL:MFC-9560CDW"
> > *cupsVersion: 1.1
> > *cupsManualCopies: false
> > *cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-postscript 0
> > brlpdwrappermfc9560cdw" *cupsModelNumber: 4
> > *ModelName: "Brother MFC-9560CDW"
> > *ShortNickName: "MFC-9560CDW"
> > *NickName: "Brother MFC-9560CDW CUPS"
> > *PSVersion: "(3010.106) 3"
> >
> > There is no "brlpdwrappermfc9560cdw" file located on this unit if
> > that is what you are looking for.
> >
> > This has really got me stumped.
>
> Delete the printer in CUPS and configure it as "Generic Postscript"
> (without using the PPD file); it should work;

It works, but only as a generic B/W printer. The problem seems to be in
the "cupswrappermfc9560cdw" file i got when I downloaded the Debian
drivers. That paths are all different and I am not really experienced
enough to figure out the scripting to change it to work correctly.

Maybe I can hire someone to modify the script to point to the correct
locations for the files involved.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny@hotmail.com