Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 96 20:42:52 EST
From:      gtc@aloft.att.com (gary.corcoran)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PS/2 mouse problem fixed

I found the problem using my PS/2 type mouse.  For the benefit of anyone
who might have the same problem: If you have a PS/2 type mouse, and your
mouse moves very erratically and moves mostly to the top of the screen,
it's because you have the wrong protocol set in your XF86Config file.
Change the protocol to PS/2, *even if your mouse is made by Microsoft*,
and it should work fine.  (I had taken the advice of the X config program
too seriously when it suggested that most 2-button mice use the Microsoft
protocol - and since it *is* made by Microsoft, it seemed like a reasonable
choice at the time [of a first installation]...)

I still haven't heard from anyone about my problem using a 3Com 3C579 EISA
ethernet card - anyone have any experience getting one to work?

Gary Corcoran
gtc@aloft.att.com