Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:04:53 +0200
From:      "Didier Wiroth" <freebsd@mcesr.etat.lu>
To:        "'Gary Jennejohn'" <garyj@jennejohn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: dot.bashrc, where is it?

Hi,
Thanks, I know this isn't linux!

I'm asking because I'm reading "The Complete Freebsd, 4th Edition" book, =
at
page 94 "Changing the default shell for root" there is a comment:
"After installation, you may want to change the default shell... Bash... =
If
you have installed instant-workstation, you should copy the file
/usr/share/skel/dot.bashrc to root's home directroy and call..."

I had a look at the Makefile of the /usr/ports/misc/instant-workstation
port. I can't figure out where or how this file (dot.bashrc) could have =
been
installed from this port?! I have the bash2 shell pkg/port installed and =
in
my mind, this is the only port where the dot.bashrc file could be =
installed,
but this isn't obviously the case.=20

For a beginner (coming from a windows world) who doesn't know which =
shell is
better, sorry more adequate, it is easier to have a sample config file, =
start learning how to configure you shell!

Didier