Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 1995 19:26:32 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh>
To:        ports
Subject:   Ports people - let's start tightening it up!

Doing a "make from the top" on thud is still showing a lot of
pathological ports, specifically those that seem to install multiple
times gratuitously (there's a cookie for that, darn it!), not install
at all, blow up during the compile, or just generally not behave as one
would expect when building it on BOTH a "clean" and a "dirty" system.
A lot of these are simple errors that don't take long to fix, so let's
get in there and start getting this house in order for 2.1!  This applies
to ME just as much as anyone so I'll be reviewing my ports in the next few
weeks and strongly encourage others to do the same.  There are a lot of
ports in there now and we need to at least _try_ to get a complete build
from the top working before we press the CD!

Thanks..

					Jordan