Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:08:21 -0600
From:      "Burke Gallagher" <burke@gallagher.chicago.il.us>
To:        "Marc Silver" <marcs@is.co.za>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw question

First always read the man page ipfw (8).

Second you can specify either the IP address or the interface in the
firewall rules. use the interface (i.e.. ppp0) look for the keyword
"interface-spec".

ipfw add 100 deny ip from any to any out recv ed0 xmit ed1

you may also want to refer to the Pedantic PPP Primer
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/.  check out the section 6.2 on PPP
filters

burke