Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2005 01:09:12 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Beecher Rintoul <akbeech@gmail.com>
Cc:        olgeni@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug[?] In new local_startup and webmin3

Beecher Rintoul wrote:
  worked fine.

> I'm positive that rc.conf is correct.

Ok, do this for me. First upgrade to the latest version of the port
(webmin-1.250_2), then add the following to either /etc/rc.conf or
/etc/rc.conf.local:

rc_debug="yes"
rc_info="yes"

Then type: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/webmin.sh rcvar

and send the results to the list. While you're at it, can you please do this
as well, and send the results to the list: ls -la /usr/local/etc/rc.d

> On a side note cups.sh has the
> same problem, and I have already removed the "PROVIDE" line.

If you've removed the provide line from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cups.sh, then
it's not being treated as an rc.d script, and you have other problems.

And FYI, your suggested fix for the webmin script doesn't actually fix
anything. As I mentioned above, removing the PROVIDE line causes it to be
treated as an old style script and be run out of localpkg. We need to find
out why rc.d is not starting this script for you.

Doug