Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:33:42 -0500
From:      "Alex Toushek " <toushek@canadiangeneral.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Rejected mail

I have 2 servers 1 is Winnt 4.0 with Apache and Imail. It is our main server for web and mail. i have another server with freeBSD for just apache sql and shells. when ever a user or form mail sends a message to a domain that is hosted on the unix server I get an invalid user message. The mail is only on the Winnt server. Here is an example of the error from /etc/messages.

Mar 12 06:27:40 Satan sendmail[25322]: GAA25322: to=amdevine@purplepages.ca, delay=00:00:00, mailer=local, stat=User unknown

www.purplepages.ca IP and webspace are on the unix machine but the mail.purplepages.ca is on the NT. The amdevine@purplepages.ca is a mail account on the NT server. How do I prevent this error from happening so my users can get mail only on the winnt box. Shutting off sendmail is not an options. Many people use the shell as a mail box.