Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 1996 16:27:35 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hp4020i on 2.1.5, and it burns, burns, burns, ...

> After four successful dummy runs I burned a CD from the same
> file I used on Monday (while now running X and several xterms).

      Congratulations!

> Just wanted to mention a question on -questions by
> Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de.>:
     [ ... ]
> I started wondering about this too.

     I just posted a reply to this.

     Basically, it cannot be done (for now).  Until someone merges (?)
the worm and CDROM drivers, you can't read CDROMs in a CDROM burner.

[ Well, this isn't quite true; I suppose you could reboot with a valid
  CDROM in the burner, which makes FreeBSD think that you have a CDROM
  reader and not a CDROM writer ....  Ugly, but that's the way things
  currently are. ]

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.