Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:14:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      jbarbee@singular.com (John Barbee)
To:        Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
Cc:        Andrew Lankford <arlankfo@141.com>, cjclark@home.com, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Making my login class capabilities database work right on 2.2.5

not everyone uses xterm.  personally, i use kvt.  it might be a better
idea to "fix" w/who/finger to gather information based on what ttys are in
use or something to that effect rather than what's in the *tmp logs.  that
way you wouldn't have to worry about different terminal.  but that's just
my take on things and what i was trying to accomplish by looking through
the code.

john.