Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 16:16:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wietse@porcupine.org (Wietse Venema)
To:        dieringe@physik.fu-berlin.de (Martin Dieringer)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, wietse@porcupine.org
Subject:   Re: Need FreeBSD 4.0 removable SCSI support

Martin Dieringer:

> hi,
>
> I have no problem with 4.0-STABLE and the 1460 on a thinkpad 600.
>
> card "Adaptec, Inc." "APA-1460 SCSI Host Adapter"
>         config  0x9 "aic0" ?
>         insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Adaptec Slim SCSI inserted
>         remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Adaptec Slim SCSI removed
>

> my dmesg looks like yours.
> May  8 22:19:27 ThinkPad /kernel: aic1: <Adaptec 6260/6360 SCSI
> controller> at port 0x340-0x35f irq 3 slot 0 on pccard0
> May  8 22:19:27 ThinkPad /kernel: aic1: aic6360, dma, disconnection,
> parity check

Sofar this is identical to my Thinkpad 600 with FreeBSD 4.0.

Can I see your rc.conf and pccard.conf files?

> are you shure you have the necessary options and devices in the kernel?

What options? I run the generic 4.0 kernel as distributed with
FreeBSD 4.0.  That has removable device support, including the aic
device driver. Perhaps you can mail me the kernel config too.

	Wietse