Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 10:36:27 -0500
From:      nicholas harteau <nrh@ikami.com>
To:        "R.D. Lacoste" <super@purpledreams.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LS-120 boot

R.D. Lacoste wrote:
> Is there a way to make an LS-120 disk your boot/root disk?
>
> I can't get /stand/sysinstall to see it, so I'm having problems getting
> it to go.  I'd like to take the hard drive that's in this system out (it's
> effectively just a network terminal, no local storage needed) and
> the LS-120 looks like a perfect solution, but I can't get 4.3-RELEASE
> to see it (well, it sees it when it's already running, but it won't install
> to it)

I tried in vain to get this to work a few months ago.  I got it to boot
fine using ARMD-Floppy emulation.  Unfortunately that's almost useless
since you can only really use 2.88MB.

I could never get FreeBSD to properly disklabel it using ARMD-HDD, or
boot off of it for that matter.

If you find anything out, let me know.

--
nicholas harteau