Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 03:05:10 +0100
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        "Michael G. Jung" <mikej@confluenttech.com>
Cc:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Subject:   Re: Keyboard Xorg 6.8.2 Sparc Ultra 2

On Wednesday 23 of March 2005 14:58, Michael G. Jung wrote:
> For super sanity here is what I did...
>
> (root@dual2) /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server# rm -r work
> (root@dual2) /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server# rm
> files/patch-sparc64kbd
> (root@dual2) /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server# rm /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg
> (root@dual2) /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server# make
> (root@dual2) /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server# make install
>
> Made sure that X -version showed my new build date.
>
> Testing with xev I ended up with the exact same keycodes as I reported
> before.  a->85, b->199, c->193, 1->38, 2->39, 3->40
>
> --mikej

Hm, I have no further ideas. Does using deprecated keyboard driver still work?
It's explained here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2005-February/002775.html

You can grab a patch here:
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xorg/xorg-server-sparc64-enabledepreckeyboard.diff
It will remove the patch that obviously doesn't help and enable 'keyboard'
driver on sparc64 platform. If this still works and nobody comes up with
something better, this should probably be commited.

Can somebody explain the problem on X.Org mailing list
(xorg@lists.freedesktop.org