Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 14:07:26 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Vasily V. Grechishnikov" <bazilio@economic.acnit.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   LKMs and decrease system stability ?

			Hi !
	I run FreeBSD ( 2.2 BETA and 2.2R) on the one computer about
4 months and never seen any system crashes, except the msdosfs bugs,
system console locks if I try to mount bad msdos media ( diskette/hdd) .
	Few days ago I try to move filesystems code from kernel to LKMs-
such as NFS, CD9660, MSDOSFS. It works good, but I for first time in my
expirience with FreeBSD on this machine see actually seriuos system crash:
	Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode, supervisor read,
		page not present
	Fault virtual address = 0xuglyc0de
	Kernel dumped at swap device 1 .

	I see thats when I try to mount not very good WORM-CD ( recorded 680MB,
	can see only about of 400MB).
	I see crashes of FreeBSD only on broken motherboards. We had
5x86 motherboard with broken RAM subsystem. Kernel regularly paniced with
message " Double Fault ".
	Any suggestions ?

Thanks , Vasily .

        ******[FreeBSD it is coolest UNIX for PC!]*******
        * System admin , ftp and web master.            *
        * Home Page: http://www.econ.acnit.ac.ru/       *
        * E-mail: bazilio@economic.acnit.ac.ru          *
        * Industrial Economy Departament                *
        * Voronezh State Technical University           *