Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:42:16 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'Person, Roderick'" <personrp@ccbh.com>, "'Alpha FreeBSD'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with first Alpha!!!

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 03:40:03PM +0100, Koster, K.J. wrote:
> Dear Roderick,
>
> I have the same board. It takes ages before it gives off signs of life after
> powerup. Make sure that you leave it on for a few _minutes_ before assuming
> it's dead.
>
> Check that you have 36-bit SIMMs and some cache. Mine didn't boot without
> the cache (or I did not wait long enough, of course)

0Mb cache is supposed to be a valid config. I no longer have my NoName
so I cannot try.

While I had it here, I have run it with multiple different VGA cards.
Varying from Stealth64 to ISA ET4000 boards, and Mach64 PCI. All worked for
me. What is the exact problem you are seeing? Does the NoName work with a
serial console?

--
Wilko Bulte  	 					Arnhem, the Netherlands
wilko@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org 		http://www.nlfug.nl