Date:      Sat, 01 Sep 2012 11:28:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Waitman Gobble" <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
To:        Olli Hauer <ohauer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, "apache@FreeBSD.org" <apache@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: apache22 options NG rewrite testers wanted

--bound1346524133

Olli Hauer <ohauer@freebsd.org> wrote ..
> On 2012-09-01 19:45, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> > Olli Hauer <ohauer@freebsd.org> wrote ..
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I need some testers specially on 9/10-current to test the www/apache22
> >> optionsNG rewrite.
> >>
> >> I have a report from a 10-current user where we see a make regression, but
> >> it is not clear if the regression is in make or the ports framework
> >> therefore I need some more testers.
> >>
> >> What does the patch address
> >>  - optons NG rewrite of bsd.apache.mk and apache22
> >>  - rename port to apache22 so we have no conflicts with upcoming apache24
> >>    (pkg install apache22)
> >>  - apr/apr-util specific options are gone, apr/apu-util will be used now
> >>    to control the build (THREADS, PGSQL, MYSQL ...)
> >>  - PR 130479
> >>  - PR 153406
> >>  - PR 158565
> >>  - PR 167965
> >>  - PR 168769
> >>
> >>  - PR 165143
> >>    devel/apr1 long outstanding update and removal of PKGNAMESUFFIX
> >>
> >> The patch should be applied from /usr/ports
> >> (contains fixes for Mk/ www/ and devel/ )
> >>
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/apache/apache22_optionsNG_2012-09-01.diff
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help,
> >>  olli
> >
> > Hi Olli,
> >
> > Looks like there have been quite a few updates since 8/11, last time I did a
> rebuild. Patch didn't work on my src...
> > I'll take some time tomorrow to csup and rebuild and try out your patch.
> >

> Thanks,
>
> I haven't tested the patches against csup ports there the $FreeBSD$ header is different,
> so I just shaped a tar archive.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ohauer/diffs/apache/apache22_optNG.tar.bz2
>
> --
> Regards,
> olli

Thanks,
I tried the following, no issues.
machine -
# uname -a
FreeBSD hunny.waitman.net 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Aug 11 13:25:18 PDT 2012     root@hunny.waitman.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KEYSHIA  amd64

I did not previously have www/apache22 installed on this machine.

replace devel/apr1 www/apache22 Mk/bsd.apache.mk

# cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
# make -- OK
# make install -- OK
# make package -- OK
# make deinstall -- OK
# pkg_add apache22-2.2.22_7.tbz -- OK
# make deinstall -- OK
# pkg_add apache22-2.2.22_7.tbz -- OK
# pkg_delete apache22-2.2.22_7 -- OK
# make install -- OK
# make readme -- OK

# kldload accf_http
# /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start -- OK
# wget http://localhost
--2012-09-01 11:23:22--  http://localhost/
Resolving localhost (localhost)... 127.0.0.1, ::1
Connecting to localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:80... connected.
Length: 44 [text/html]
Saving to: `index.html'

100%[======================================>] 44          --.-K/s   in 0s

2012-09-01 11:23:22 (6.60 MB/s) - `index.html' saved [44/44]

# cat index.html

Is there anything you'd like me to test?

I have another machine sitting here running 9 I can test if you like. But it's busy for the day transcoding a boatload of video, so I can do that one tomorrow if you likes.

# uname -a
FreeBSD kamira.waitman.net 9.1-RC1 FreeBSD 9.1-RC1 #0: Tue Aug 14 04:25:06 UTC 2012     root@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

--
Waitman Gobble