Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 1995 17:34:32 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: devinfo - Houston, we have a small crisis here..

>I'd always intended to change this to grab the device list more the
>way lsdev(1) does it, but my hoped-for salvation there now appears to
>be imperiled by the fact that many important devices (like de0 and all
>CDs, SCSI disks and tapes, as I've so far found) just don't register
>the appropriate information.  HELP!  This is really going to screw me

The SCSI devices are shown by lsdev here.  Do you just need more
information?

Another problem is that devconf is only supposed to handle devices
that need to be config(8)ed.  For devices like multiport serial
cards where the individual serial ports don't need to be config(8)ed,
the devconf info might not show any of the ports.

Bruce