Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 00:00:58 -0500
From:      Richard Scranton <scrantr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V3 #535

A buffer-overrun exploit in "fpexe" was recently discussed concerning
the Linux version.  Like everything, including the latest and greatest
IE4 (also a buffer-overrun exploit), it's a crap-shoot, with extra crap.

> From: Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:08:51 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Re: How about Front Page extensions?
>
> On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > > but excellent.  I would, however, like to know if FreeBSD supports
> > > Microsoft Front Page extensions?  We are seeing more customers using
> > > Tedman O'Hara (tedman@tatnet.com)
> >
> > yes,
> > fetch the BSDI version from microsoft..
> >

> Have they plugged all the security holes or is it still a dice roll?

  Richard Scranton  LDA SYSTEMS  Information Management Consulting
scrantr@ix.netcom.com Columbus Cincinnati Cleveland Toledo Atlanta
<http://www.netcom.com/~scrantr/>;  <http://www.lda.com/columbus/>;
<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8c38c4cf>;