Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 01:01:39 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfilter and ipfstat

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 09:23:23PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, the Webslave wrote:
>
> > > Okay, so I finally decided to take the plunge and check out ipfilter. ipf
> > > seemed to load my ruleset with no problems, but ipfstat dies with:
> > >
> > > ioctl(SIOCGETFS): Invalid argument
> >
> > And what would that ruleset be?
> >

> # Default to deny
> block in log on tun0 from any to any
[snip]

I have tested your ruleset in my ipf/ipfstat version.  The one I have
comes from the 4.0-20000124-CURRENT snapshot, since I haven't had the
time to cvsup/make-world since.  The results of the tests are shown
below, and as you can see ipfstat reports the rules correctly.

    hades# ipf -FA
    hades# cd /tmp
    hades# ipf -f ipf.conf
    hades# ipfstat -nio
    @1 pass out quick on tun0 proto tcp/udp from any to any keep state
    @2 pass out quick on tun0 proto icmp from any to any keep state
    @3 pass out quick on lo0 from any to any
    @1 block in log on tun0 from any to any
    @2 block in quick on tun0 from 192.168.0.0/16 to any
    @3 block in quick on tun0 from 172.16.0.0/12 to any
    @4 block in quick on tun0 from 10.0.0.0/8 to any
    @5 block in quick on tun0 from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
    @6 pass in quick on tun0 proto tcp from any to any port = 12345 flags S/FSRPAU keep state keep frags
    @7 pass in quick on tun0 proto udp from any to any port = 31337 keep state
    @8 pass in quick on lo0 from any to any
    hades# ipf -FA
    hades# ipf -f /etc/ipf.conf

What version of ipfilter/ipfstat are you using?  I don't now if
cvsup'ing your sources to a more recent version might help at all, but
I don't see a problem with these rules and ipfstat...  I'm sorry if
that is not of any help to you, but I can't seem to find anything wrong
here :/

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
"Don't let your schooling interfere with your education." [Mark Twain]