Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 1996 21:07:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   NIS netgroups services and other strange things

 Well... I am now using my FreeBSD machine as my primary NIS server
for some HPUX machines... My reasons for this are obscure ;-)
basically I am testing it for fallback capability. However I a,
starting to run into some problems.

 The Makefile for services was not propegating all the entries in the
file. I have altered my makefile to handle that, and I will post what
I have, as soon as I fix the next problem.

 I have netgroups working on the clients with an alteration to the
Makefile that makes the entries into:

	key (host1,,) (host2,,)

so that when I do a ypcat -k netgroup.. I basically get back what I
put in..  and the HP's handle it fine.  Unfortunately the FreeBSD
machine cannot handle it.  I am open to suggestions.  Has anyone
gotten the netgroups to work??!?  more specifically netgroups in the
/etc/exports file?

 -branson

branson matheson    |     branson@widomaker.com
Ferguson SysAdmin   |      http://widomaker.com/~branson