Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:34:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net>
To:        jerry@border.com (Jerry Kendall)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: xforms maintenance tools (was Re: Tcl/Tk sysinstall)

Jerry Kendall écrit / writes:

> I have been working on a diskmaint utility to 'fdisk/disklabel' a newly
	[...]
> Things I have in mind are :PPP/SLIP, DNS/BIND, user manager(setup, passwords
> and the like), uucp manager, printer manager, backup/restore tools, etc...
> Any other tools that can be sugested, commented on, would be gratefull.

	This is typically the kind of the things I'd like to get under way.
	I have  some   machines running out  there  which  do  not need  my
	supervision all the time -- but I hate to spend 1/2 hr on the phone
	every so often, explaining to the local  'administrator' how to use
	'vi', and set up ppp accounts, etc...

	It would  be great to have   "mainstream" admin. tools  and logging
	(PPP  logs, syslog, UUCP,  etc...)  available under X  (or at least
	menu-driven).

	I was about to    take a look  at  Tk,  but if you've  got   better
	suggestions, I'm willing to try and work in this direction.

								-- Phil

--
- [ regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net / +48.8N+2.3E / +33 1 4507 9391 / Sol 3 ] -
- [ regnauld@freenix.fr		 / FreeBSD 2.x /  			 ] -