Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 03:07:46 -0500
From:      Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn?= Terje Johansen <BjornTJ@softinn.no>
Cc:        "'AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG'" <AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cdrecord 1.6.1

Bjørn Terje Johansen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have a small problem. When working with the Linux kernerl 2.0.35 without
> any patches, everything works alright. If I write:
> "cdrecord -scanbus", I get the outout I should. But if I upgrade to 2.0.36
> and applies the aic7xxx-5.1.11 patch to the src, when I try cdrecord
> -scanbus, I get an error messages telling me:
> cdrecord: I/O error. Cannot send SCSI cmd via ioctl
>
> I guess I am missing some parameter or option somewhere, does anyone know
> what I am missing?

This is something to do with the sg driver.  Are you sure the sg driver
is compiled into the kernel in your 2.0.36 kernel, or do you have it
loaded as a module?  Also, this sounds like the common problem that
happens if you don't have the bus_id patch that cdrecord comes with.
Are you sure the 2.0.35 kernel you have didn't have either the bus_id
ioctl patch or the sg_big_buff patch that the cdrecord author
recommends?  IF it had either one of those, then it is likely that the
same cdrecod binary would fail on a 2.0.36 kernel upgrade if that did
not also include those same patches.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford@redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but