Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:35:16 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        "Andrew L. Neporada" <andr@dgap.mipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "configured irq .. is not in bitmap of probed irqs 0" -- what does it mean?

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:42:46PM +0300, Andrew L. Neporada wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 02:52:21PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> >
> > Chances are you don't have things configured quite correctly in the
> > bios.  The interrupts aren't asserting proplerly.
>
> Interrupts 3,4,10,11 are reserved for ISA cards in BIOS.
> Tweaking "PnP aware OS [Y/N]" setting doesn't help.
> I've tried to tweak all relevant (IMO) BIOS settings without any effect :-(

The question is if the card is configured to issue int10 and 11 for
sio1 and sio2.
The probing sounds like you get no interrupt at all, but since the int
probing waits for unassigned interrupts the test may fail for special
systems or BIOS setups.

> > : Surprisingly, but it seems that both COM3 & COM4 ports work ok
> > : (getty works, there is no "silo overflow" errors).
> >
> > That's likely because you are using 9600 baud.  sio installs a timeout
> > to harvest characters, and that's what saves you.
> >

> > : So, should I worry about this error?
> >
> > Likely.
> >
> > Warner
>
> Thanks for your help. I'll test higher speeds tomorrow.

Test tranfering data at any speed and check vmstat -i output if you
got interrupts for it.

bernd@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de