Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:13:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, sschrode@pacbell.net
Subject:   Re: DSL Compatability

>  I have a DSL connection.  The
>  modem is an Efficient Networks SpeedStream 4060.  Do you know if drivers
>  exist for this modem?

Besides the DSP that controls the DSL link, the heart of DSL modems is the
ATM Sequence and Ressembly (SAR) chip. There was talk on the ATM mailing
list (freebsd-atm@freebsd.org) that someone was working on a driver for the
ATM SAR found in an earlier model of the Efficient Network SpeedStream (3020).
I have not heard anything more, nor do I know if that code would work with the
newer SpeedStream 4060.

I would suggest you ask the question on the atm mailling list.

--mark.