Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 21:14:10 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabami.seaslug.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   BusLogic FlashPoint drivers?

Well, after bitching to our local sysadm folks about how we ought to
complain to Micron about their putting BusLogic FlashPoints in our PCs and
his forwarding of my "concerns" off to Micron and/or BusLogic, I got back
a response mentioning this page:

	<URL:http://www.dandelion.com/Linux/>;

which has this text:

    Coming Soon -- Linux FlashPoint Driver

    Click here to read the press release announcing support for the FlashPoint
    SCSI Host Adapters on Linux.  Mylex/BusLogic has provided me with a Driver
    Developer's Kit for the FlashPoint which includes freely redistributable
    source code for the SCCB Manager, the "virtual firmware" for these host
    adapters. This allows me to expand my present BusLogic driver to include
    FlashPoint support. If you'd like to be informed as soon as the FlashPoint
    driver is available, be sure to join the BusLogic Announcements Mailing
    List.

and the "click here" page mentions a imminent Linux driver release.  So, I
was wondering if anyone's been in touch with them recently to attempt the
same feat for FreeBSD.

Thanx,
Scott Blachowicz                scott@statsci.com